Technical support organizations
Federal Budgetary Institution
Scientific and Engineering Centre for Nuclear and Radiation Safety
Tasks and Functions:
- Applied research and development in the established sphere of activity;
- Engineering, laboratory and other measurements in the established sphere of activity;
- Examination, research, testing, review and other types of assessment, creation and maintenance of data bases in the established sphere of activities;
- Activities on safety assessment of atomic energy facilities, including:
- review of nuclear, radiation, technical and fire safety of atomic energy facilities and their activities;
- review (verification and certification) of software used in assessing nuclear and radiation safety of atomic energy facilities;
- examination, research, testing, review and other types of safety assessment of materials, substances, technologies, equipments, production processes, buildings and structures, design and technical documentation, and other facilities.
- Information and analytical support of Rostechnadzor functions and authorities in the field of atomic energy uses in terms of development of legal and regulatory control acts.
- Acquisition, storage, processing and analysis of information related to safety in atomic energy uses.
- Other tasks and functions provided by the Statute of the Institution.
Joint Stock Company “TK “Safety”
The major area of JSC "TK "Safety" is the implementation of scientific and technical activities and the provision of scientific and technical support to Rostechnadzor in the field of:
safety in the use of atomic energy;
safety of hydraulic structures;
safety of work related to the use of subsoil;
safety of production, storage, and use of industrial explosives;
safety in electric power industry.
The specified activities are carried out through:
organization and conduct of surveys, reviews, and assessments in relation to hazardous facilities and production processes, and other types of production facilities;
organization, implementation, and participation in control, tests, and inspections;
organization and conduct of product conformity assessment, audits of quality, safety, and environmental management systems;
organization and participation in rendering assistance, development of regulatory infrastructures in the use of atomic energy in foreign countries importing the Russian nuclear energy technology;
training, professional development, and certification of specialists;
organization and support of activities for standardization, development, formation, assembly, maintenance, and updating of the fund of regulatory, organizational, and methodological documents;
- organization of engineering and consulting activities.