Concerning measures to ensure the safety of nuclear power plants in connection with the introduction of the high alert regime in the territory of the Russian Federation to prevent the spread of coronavirus infection
Given the current sanitary and epidemiological situation and the introduction of self-isolation and remote work regimes, Rostechnadzor has recommended that the operating organization Concern Rosenergoatom:
1. Ensure the safe operation of the nuclear power units in the conditions of the current restrictions.
2. Develop additional measures to ensure safety during the operation of the nuclear power plants, including:
- an increase in the number and thoroughness of walkdowns of the process systems and equipment;
- conduct of unscheduled briefings to the staff on the regime of operation in high alert;
- restrictions on planned transitions, switchings and repairs of equipment, with the exception of emergency ones;
- ensuring the safety of operational and duty personnel of the nuclear power plants regarding sanitary and epidemiological requirements.
3. Develop measures to ensure the minimum number of operational personnel justified in the project, subject to the hospitalization of some of the employees.
4. Determine, in the established manner, the operation mode of the power units when it becomes impossible to ensure the minimum number of operational personnel.
5. Develop additional measures to ensure the safety of the operational and duty personnel of the nuclear power plants regarding sanitary and epidemiological requirements.
The territorial departments of Rostechnadzor have been instructed to:
1. Provide the necessary amount of inspections and other measures to monitor the safety status of the nuclear power plants by the inspectors authorized to carry out permanent state supervision.
2. Impose control over the implementation of the additional measures developed by Concern Rosenergoatom to ensure safety during the operation of the nuclear power plants in connection with the introduction of the high alert regime in the Russian Federation.